FREELANCE FARM GARDEN TEAM MANAGER AND OUTREACH CO-ORDINATOR
Application deadline: midnight Thursday 10th September 2020.
Part-time self-employed freelance garden team manager and outreach co-ordinator. Funding available for roughly 12-15 weeks with possible opportunities to extend (funding dependent).
Location: Clitterhouse Farm Garden, Clitterhouse Playing Fields, Cricklewood
Working Pattern: 12 hours per week (1.5 days). Required to work a minimum of 4 hours every Saturday from 10am – 2pm.
Fee: £15-20 per hour (dependent on experience)
START DATE: Immediate
About the role:
Our Yard (trading as Clitterhouse Farm Project) are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic hands-on Garden Team Manager and Outreach Coordinator to run and develop the Farm Garden at Clitterhouse Farm.
The farm garden has been running for over 2 years. The aims of our Farm garden are:
- To promote food growing, environmental sustainability and the value of nature.
- To bring a diverse community together and foster conversation and friendship.
- To work with schools to develop leadership skills through nature.
- To provide a source of revenue through the development of an onsite nursery and plant sales.
- To provide food for our café when it is up and running.
- To provide horticultural advice and guidance to the community.
- To be a point of contact for the community.
This is a grassroots project and our new garden area has played a huge part in our response to the Covid-19 pandemic and is much loved by the community. You will work closely with our gardener and team of incredible volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the garden. Your role will be to manage and coordinate the team, taking responsibility planning and managing activities and ensuring the garden is well maintained and that volunteers are happy and engaged.
Your duties will also include responsibility for health and safety, volunteer development and the security of all equipment. You will also act as representative (alongside the Farm Directors) in all matters relating to the day to day management of the gardens.
The successful candidate will be positive, self-motivated, team focused, have excellent inter-personal skills and experience working on community projects. You should be proactive, enthusiastic and well organised individual able to work both independently and part of a team. Excellent communication, IT and social media skills are essential in this role. Previous experience of leading a team and the ability to problem solve would be an advantage.
Services you will expected to provide:
- Plan, co-ordinate, and prioritise tasks in the garden for volunteers and our farm gardener.
- To coordinate and deliver workshops onsite.
- To oversee and coordinate the completion of the farm garden designs.
- Proactively identifying areas where the gardens/grounds can be improved or where current maintenance/working practices can be reviewed.
- Ensure that all work carried out by the garden team is carried out safely and complies with our guidance on Covid-19.
- To actively recruit community volunteers and engage the community on the Clitterhouse Farm Project’s mission and activities. E.g. through social media – WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Working with the directors to manage the farm garden budget and reporting to our grant funders.
- To work at all times in a spirit of positivity and encouragement and in a way that values diversity.
- Note: We have received some Covid response grant funding for the garden and we have specific objectives to engage harder to reach members of our local community and to deliver gardening sessions and materials for those who have been isolating. The Garden Manager will be expected to deliver and meet these objectives. These will be clearly outlined to you.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following to thomas(at)clitterhouse(dot)com
- Letter of application
- CV with 2 x referees and contact details – we will only contact your references if you are shortlisted for the position
We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your application by email; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will be required to provide proof of qualifications and ID at the interview.
TERMS: This position is for self-employed freelancer and the chosen individual is expected to pay all applicable taxes through self-assessment tax return
DEADLINE: Midnight Thursday 10th September 2020
Our Yard is a community-led organisation and is run primarily by volunteers. We are an equal opportunities organisation and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We focus on ability and believe people work best when they feel valued, safe and happy. We do all that we can to make sure that Our Yard / Clitterhouse Farm is friendly and welcoming to everyone.
If you have a disability and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Thomas at 07733043701
We are very much looking forward to receiving your application!